- An interesting article about Van Gogh’s work and insanity. . . I own a book of his paintings; I think I’ll be looking at them in a new light
- A sad discussion on The Global War on Christians. Remember to pray for peace and strength to those persecuted for their beliefs!
- Ugh. GMO vs. Organic debate. Literally, food for thought. Wish we had the same laws as much of Europe.
- Speaking of churches, check out Mental Floss for 11 New Uses for Old Churches (HT: My dear friend Steve!) Which one is your favorite? I love #10 and #4!
- What an interesting article with photos of rockstars and their families in the 1970s. Worth peeking if only to be inspired by the fashion and design!
- Since we’ve gone dairy-free the one thing I really miss using dairy in is egg dishes; I always used to splash a bit of cream or milk in scrambled eggs, quiches and frittatas. Alisa Cooks proves that you can make easy egg dishes, like this smoked salmon & dill frittata, dairy-free and delicious! Can’t wait to try them!
- And speaking of gluten and dairy-free goodness . . . and eggs . . . check out these crepe quiches from Lexie’s Kitchen!
I’m gearing up for Lent and checking out lots of vegetarian recipes (finding them dairy and gluten free is more difficult than I thought it would be! Everything is always covered in cheese or bread crumbs, it seems!) I’m loving The Vegetable Dishes I Can’t Live Without
by Mollie Katzen. Also, I need to make another batch of my vegetable bouillon next week. My last batch has lasted a full year in the fridge and I’m just about scraping the bottom of the jar. This stuff has been my favorite thing ever! I use it at least once a week.
February 11, 2012 Uncategorized